About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello World: Day One

Hello out there. This is day one of my new blog. Quite a morning here in Chaumont, NY. I get up and the furnace has quit running. Not a real problem because we have a great wood stove. The furnace fills in when the stove goes cold. However, fresh out of bed I don't need a household project to troubleshoot. You see, I'm a real "do it yourselfer" kind of guy. I try to figure it out and fix it myself first. The biggest problem this morning is that I have a laundry list of things to take care of: Number one was to create and begin a blog. Add to that bills, paperwork, and replace front brake pads on our 2005 Dodge Caravan. I'm also a landlord and one of my tenents moved out suddenly, so, I need to address that. I really don't need a furnace problem too. Hopefully it's something simple. (and inexpensive!) The photo is of our wood stove, saving the day.
As you can see, I stuck to my guns and created this blog. Now it's off to do the brake job. Replacing front brake pads is easier than you might think. On this particular vehicle it almost takes longer to remove the wheels than to actually replace the pads.

For those who are curious, the stove is a Regency, medium size, air tight, non-catalytic. It's terrific! Installed it all myself as well as the tile work.

Until later-
Gary








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts