About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day Three: Two Photos


Last night I happened to look out the bathroom window and saw this colorful sky through the trees. I quickly grabbed a camera made this image. This morning I stepped out on the front porch and liked how the sun was shining on the patchy snow in the yard. It's nice to see the sun and the receding snow in March. So far March has been coming in like a lamb. Hopefully it will go out the same way.
I am constantly snapping photos for variety of reasons. The photos posted today were images that just caught my eye around the house in Chaumont, NY. A view of my backyard and a photo of my front yard. Are these great photos? Probably not. But they reveal what catches my eye. I cannot shut my eyes off or how I view the world. Everything I look at I see as if through a camera. Do these photos say anything or have any meaning. Probably. Especially sunsets. They fall into the category of pretty pictures. Usually they are immedieatly appealing. People like the colors. The silouettes.
The snow photo is not exactly a pretty picture, but I believe it conveys a message: the approach of Spring. For those who live in our reagion Spring is something to get excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts