About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, March 22, 2010

Day Twenty: Sidewalk & Paint




Whenever I need to get away from my routine and get really inspired I go visit Winged Bull Studio in Clayton, NY. Every time I walk in the door I am greeted by a visual feast as well as the enthusiastic Greg Lago, wood engraver and owner of the establishment. This past Friday I stopped in and it appeared as if he were busy with several projects. This tray of water colors was just one of many photos I made there. It is essentially an unplanned still life. In the natural flow of his work day this arrangement of paints and stirring stick just happened. I think what helps this photo is something that probably does not come immediately to mind. It is the odd pairing of the stick with the paints. The stirring paddle is used with cans of paint, not with watercolor paints. It's a subtle thing, but I think it's there. Of course the color helps as well as the nice, even light.



Once again I am walking back to my car from a job and I spot this interesting section of sidewalk. What do you think? I stopped dead in my tracks to photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts