About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, March 15, 2010

Day Thirteen: A Sign Of Spring

This morning was about 34 degrees, grey and drizzly in Chaumont. Hard to complain after quite a few days of sunshine. So far this March has been milder than any I recall in quite a few years.




Melting snow is one of the sure signs of Spring in our part of the world. All Winter long snowplows push the snow in to huge piles as they clear parking lots and city streets. At this time of year the snow begins melting, exposing the dirt and debris that was hidden within it. Eventually what was once a white, mini mountain range becomes a pile of dirt. I was walking the streets of Syracuse, NY, today and saw one of those snowbanks juxtaposed with a building a few blocks behind it. I used a small aperture setting, f13, to maximize the depth of field between the two objects. This isn't exactly a scene you will find every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts