About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 245: Election Day & First Frost


It was 25 degrees in Chaumont NY this morning. I made this photo in my backyard. This is the first frost to appear in my yard this year. That's a new record I think. Other places near me have had a frost, but not me.
\

Rough day today in some respects. I got to bed late last night (midnight) because I photographed Condoleeza Rice at Hamilton College in Clinton, NY. I was dead asleep when at 2:00AM the Better Half roused me to say there was something wrong with the furnace. Well, the problem was really with the programmable thermostat. Befor I went to bed I noticed the display blinking. I began pressing buttons to reset it, realized I couldn't remember how to do it, said the Hell with it & went to bed. My mistake. It began running non-stop, trying to heat the house up toward 80 degrees. Yikes! Anyhow, I straightened it out & went back to bed. And then I lay there awake until 5:00AM. Finally I dozed and got up at 8:00. It was chilly outside. The day went somewhat normally, getting the wood stove going, checked e-mail, and had to go vote. Also, I had to cut some mats for some photographs that will be in a group art exhibition this monbth. The artwork must be delivered tomorrow. So I got that mostly done before I had to head to Ogdensburg, NY to cover the NY State 48th district senate race. That is where I am now at 10:36PM. I am with the republican candidate Patty Ritchie. She is trailing her opponent, Darrel Aubertine by about 1600 votes. I'll be here for awhile. Another long day in the North Country, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts