About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 265: Reflection


It is about 50 degrees in Chaumont, NY at noon. A light rain. Overall it is pleasant here for a November day.


Well, in another 100 days it will be a year since I began this blog. Mostly I was hoping to post a new photo every day for 365 days. Well, that has proven to be more difficult than it seemed. But this is a leats a place where I can post those photos that catch my eye. Previous to this I hadn'e had as an agreeable place to share them. The photo today came about as I was walking the streets of Syracuse. The window reflections caught my eye. I like reflections because the effect is similar to a multiple exposure. There is an interplay of overlapping images.


Here is a quote from the great guitarist Andres Segovia: "When one puts up a building one makes an elaborate scaffold to get everything into its proper place. But when one takes the scaffold down, the building must stand by itself with no trace of the means by which it was erected. That is how a musician should work."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts