Sunday, November 14, 2010
Day 257: Guitar Problem Solved
Well the new machines arrived a day late. Well, better late than never. As I started to remove the strings I discovered that the problem was not with the machines. It was with the strings. Here's what happened. The last time I changed the strings I inadvertantly wound the 2nd string over the excess of the 3rd string, effectively tying the 3rd string to the 2nd string peg. Thus, as I tried to tune the 3rd string it would wind only so far and stop, being restricted by the 2nd string. It seemed to me that there was something wrong with the tuning peg and / or gear. I should have looked at it much closer before ordering the new machines. In all my years playing and changing strings I have never had this happen. Live and learn.