About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 260: TV Picks - Survivor - The Middle

I don't watch a lot of TV, but among the shows I really like are The Middle, The Office, and Survivor. The Middle is particularly well written and truly a family TV show. Sort of a modern Leave It To Beaver. So tonight I have just watched The Middle and taped Survivor. Now the Better Half & I are about to watch Survivor. Me with a nice glass of Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvigon, and she with a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Nice way to finish the day, which for me was rather rough.
So, I just finished watching this evening episode of Survivor. It got REALLY good. Brenda & Sash ( or sach, not sure what) have been very cocky up until now, believing they were in complete control of the game. I for one, have not been very fond of either of them, primarily because of their arrogance. Anyhow, the night went my way. Jane, the oldest member of the tribe won the immunity challenge. She & most of the rest finally realized the power being wielded by Brenda & Sach, and they succeeded in voting out Brenda. Brenda has been my least favorite. Sach, seeing the writing on the wall & realizing that he was no longer in control, actually voted for Brenda to leave. That was smart on his part, however, Brenda is now on the jury and sure to be much upset with Nayonka & Sach for having turned on her. She's liable to not look favorably upon either of them should they make it to the final. Now, as for Naonka: She is a straight forward, no hold bared player. Crude and blunt about winning the game. She will use you and then toss you out when your no longer useful. I have dislike her for the most part, but I must say. I have begun to grow fond of her. She is playing the game for HER. Very much the way Russel played in the previous two seaons. Tonight was one of those pivotal episodes that really make you jump out of your chair. The payoff for some of the slower episodes. Tonight was a GREAT night for Survivor. Loved it. One of the highlights was when the 60 year old jane won the immunity challenge against all of the other, varied players. It was a challenge of physical & mental endurance, and when she won, the Better Half & I each cheered. What a great TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts