About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 251: Self Portrait



Sort of chilly in Chaumont NY this morning. About 25 degrees. A couple of nights ago a tuning key on the G string of my guitar stripped, making it difficult to tune that string. I have a gig I'm playing at the Best Western hotel in Canton this Saturday so I need to replace it soon. I have another guitar but it has no pick up to plug into the sound system. I could use a microphone, but that never really works out too well. So, I ordered some new machines that appear to be identical to the original. With two day shipping from California i hope to have them by Wednesday. I'll change them out, put on fresh strings and I should be good to go.


I was walking through the galleries in downtown Syracuse and spotted my reflection in the mirrored walls. It was the light falling on my face that caugtht my attention. I simply wanted to see what it looked like, so I shot my reflection "from the hip." The lower photo is a detail cropped from the photo at top. After the crop I resized it larger and added the PhotoShop sharpen filter to it a couple of times. I am just experimenting, trying to satisfy my curiosity. Just another reason why I photograph. To see what something looks like photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts