About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 253: Where Are My Machines?


It was sunshine and somewhat mild for a November day in Chaumont, NY. The wood stove is in use. Last week on the evening befor I had to play guitar at an event, the button on the third string tuning peg of my guitar stripped. Fortunately I was able to get it tuned to pitch. But that was it. Any changes would mean tuning all the other strings in relation to the G. This Saturday I have an event to play at. So I ordered a set of new Schaller tuning machines from a place in California called Luthier's Mercantile, Inc. I paid for two day shipping. The package should have arrived today but it did not. Fed Ex tracking said it would be delivered by 4:30PM today. Well, that time came and went, it is now almost 8:00. I go back to track the package again and it now says the package is in Oakland, CA. Well that is where it originated from. At 1:00pm today the tracking site said the package was in Memphis Tennessee. Why is it now saying it is back in California? To reitereate: It started out from CA, by this afternoon it was in TN, supposed to be at my door at 4:30, and now this evening it's back in CA. This is most fustrating. I wanted the machines TODAY so as to get them changed and some new strings on and get started on breaking in the new strings as much as possible before Staurday's gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts