About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 243: Happy Halloween

I carved this Jack-O-Lantern in October 2007. It is part of an animation short film that I have yet to complete. I was hoping to have it finished in time for this Halloween. Didn't make it. But, the work is in progress, so I'll share it whenever, Halloween or not. In the meantime I hope you like my orange friend.
It was 34 degrees at 6:30AM in Chaumont NY this Halloween morning. I am shooting a couple of jobs in the Syracuse area for the Post-Standard. While enrout, on interstate Route 81 I encountered snow at the Mexico exit. Just grabbed a quick snap through the car windshield. This is the first snow I have seen this year. There has been some snow in the North Country this year, just not when and where I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts