About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 218: Chikadee


It rained some more today in Chaumont, NY. Hard at times. Now I am a real outdoors kind of guy so I don't like having as much rain as we have had this past Summer. However, on this day I wasn't too concerned about the rain. IN fact, I'm glad it was raining. You see, on some days one must take care of the mundane stuff, such as paying bills, sending out invoices, catching up on e-mail, and that sort of thing. Well, I have a backlog of that sort of thing and today's rain made me feel a lot better about staying inside and getting those things done.


At one point, in need of a diversion, I check out FaceBook and a comment from my daughter prompted me to give her a call. While on the phone with her the Sun broke out and things looked magical. Well I wanted to dash outdoors, but I was on the phone. So, trying not to be to rude, I steered the conversation as gracefully as I could to get off the phone and get outside into that magical light. Well, it clouded over again by the time I got out there. Some squirrels in the yard caught my eye. I hyate squirrels, but that is a story for another day. As I was watching them I noticed some Chikadees feeding on the dead Sunflowers in my back yard. I really like birds. Hate squirrels, love birds. Anyway, I grabbed a camera and grabbed this photo. In a few minutes the rain started again so I went inside and tried to finish taking care of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts