About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 118: Family Photo

Today was rather pleasant as far as the weather goes. It was windy and cool. It rained briefly, but for the most part we had Sun. I took care of a lot of paper work and drudgery stuff. The photo below comes from my Family & Friends series.
The people closest to you can be a source of subject matter that you cannot get elsewhere. Being on the inside of their lives you are able to witness them in all their various moods and facets of their lives. If you are like me and have a camera with you almost always, then they become accustomed to you snapping away at things. Watch what they are doing and their interactions. Try to make images that express something that is universal to the human psyche rather than pictures of them that only have meaning to their immediate family. That is what I try to do. I also try to make images that raise questions in the viewers mind. I believe the photo here does that.

“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” Johann Sebastian Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts