About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 105: More Cake Crumbs

The days have been really rainy here in northern NY. The dreary days get to you after awhile.


A few weeks ago my schedule changed with my primary employer and it's taking some time to adjust. In fact, the past 18 months have been some of the most trying for me in many years. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In the mean time, it's been dificult to keep making daily blog entries. It seems like it would be easy to place a fresh photograph up every day. It turns out to be more challenging than I thought. So, inevitably, I may miss some daily postings until things get smoothed out and I develop a new routine.

Today's photo:


This photo was taken at Winged Bull Studio. I was there visiting the proprietor and he offered me a piece of cake. After I consumed it I sat the plate & fork down and suddenly the shape of the objects, the few remaining crumbs, the light, all those things came together and caught my eye. So, once again, I photographed it. Now, speaking of Winged Bull Studio, they have a tea garden in the back called Teaism. Tomorrow I will be playing classical guitar there. It will be my first Thursday lunch session for the Summer season. Unless other unforseen changes take place, I should be there every Thursday through July & August. They are located on James st in Clayton, NY, next door to the Koffee Cove restaurant. Hope to see you there.
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts