About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 115: Fog & Rain

It was 64 degrees this morning in Chaumont, NY. I am putting in yet another long, full day. The pictures presented here were taken in the last couple of days. They are weather photos. The weather is always changing and consequently offers a variety of photo ops.
This fog photo I shot about 6:30AM in the hamlet of Limerick which is located between Chaumont, Dexter, and Brownville in Jefferson County, NY. The photo below I snapped quickly while enroute to a job in Syracuse. The color of the umbrella grabbed my eye as did the pink object he is carrying. I have no idea what it is. I would have liked to follow him down the street to "work" the picture, but I was on a tight schedule, so I had to let him go. By working the picture, I mean to keep photographing the subject, follow and shoot as the background changes, uses different focal length lenses, shoot some closers and some farther away. I do believe that were he photographed in a different spot on the street it could have improved the photo. As it is, it just documents what I saw as a bit odd: the pink thing and the way he held the umbrella so that it obscured his face and head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts