About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 107: Guitar Gigs


Yesterday was my first appearance for the 2010 Summer season at Teaism in Clayton, NY, for a lunch time guitar gig. I have decided that through July and August I'll be there on Wednesdays, about 11:30-1:30. It's somewhat informal, so it may be 12;00-2:00. No matter, I'll be there. They have flavored ice teas, wine, beer, lunch. If you are in the area stop in. If you have any questions about guitar or classical guitar music, I'm there to share what I know.
For me, it was a great joy to be back at the tea garden. It was also a great opportunity to try out a few new pieces of music as I try to add them to my repertoire. This Sunday, Father's Day, I will be playing from 4:00 to 7:00 at Julian's restaurant, 38 Market St., Potsdam, NY. It's my first time there and I am looking forward to it.
Click Teaism to learn more about them. They are located at 226 James St Clayton NY 13624 Email : teaism@wingedbull.com. Phone : 1.315.686.5722
Julian's Restaurant is at 38 Market Street, Potsdam, NY 13676
phone: (315) 274-9300
Visit Julians FaceBook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts