About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 113: Blue Moon At Sunny Bank

It rained on and off all day today. The Sun would come out and you would think it wasall done raining, and then, another deluge would hit. Loads and loads of rain here in the North Country.l
By around 5:30pm the rain stopped, the Sun came out and this time stayed out. So the better half and I took a drive to Cape Vincent and stopped in at the Sunny Bank Restaurant. It's located along the St. Lawrence River about 12 miles or so from my home. I had a Blue Moon beer. It was about 7:30pm and the light on the glass and the Blue Moon logo made for nice photo. The Sunny Bank has been around for awhile, however, it was my first visit there. A friend of mine has been trying to get me there for ten years. I really liked the place. It's a low key atmosphere. You need to go out of your way to get there. The food was basic and good. I had some fall of the bone ribs that were pretty darn good. Some places have food to truly rave about. I can't say that for this place, but it was good. It's a satisfying place to go after putting in a day working on the boat, or cleaning out the garage. You don't need to over do your appearance. You wash your hands, change your shirt and go have a beer or two and some food. It's that kind of simple. Check it out the next time your in the Cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts