About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Sixtysix: A Day In The Life



So today I nailed down a guitar gig at The Muskie Lounge in Alexandria Bay, N.Y. (referred to by the locals here as "the bay"). The photos presented here were snapped throughout the day. The scene above was on Route 180 somewhere around Lafargeville or Stone Mills. It just illustrates what a lovely day we had and some of the scenery that is typical here in the North Country. It was cool and breezy, but really my kind of weather.


So when I arrive at the Muskie Lounge the owner, Bruce Carhart, was involved with the NY ABC (alcoloic beverage control) board. Seems someone had a complaint about his business. Turns out it was unfounded. Anyway, while waiting for him to finish up that detail I had a Corona beer. It was perfectly chilled and tasted great. I hadn't had a Corona in a long time.

So I am enjoying this beer, Bruce is busy with the officials, and in come some guys to move out an old Coke refrigerator or cooler. Well, I just snapped a quick shot of that activity. If I were seriously interested in it I would have "worked" the activity. This is just another shot for my photographic diary. Now how does this jewelry fit in?


I'll tell you how. I went upstairs with Bruce to talk about playing guitar in his establishment. It turns out he has started importing jewelry from Indonesia and is marketing it. This was some of the items he was sorting for sales samples. It was laying about on a table and I grabbed a shot just to see what it would look like. So what's that thing in the next photo?


Well, I set up a guitar gig with Bruce. I will be playing there next Wednesday at 7:00pm. If it goes well, we might try it out for a couple of more weeks. So, that was productive. Then I get home and the last thing I really needed to get done was today was figure out why the dishwasher would not fill properly. I get on the net, do some research and find the culprit is the water inlet valve, pictured above. I had it removed in about fifteen minutes. It's a Maytag dishwasher. There are four screws that fasten the kick plate on the bottom. Easy to get to. Remove them and the water valve is mounted on the left side, easy to get at. There is a water hose attached with a clamp. Pinch the clamp with pliers, slide it back, and wiggle the hose off the valve. Slide off two wire connections. Unscrew two screws that mount the valve to the wall of the unit. Disconnect the water supply l;ine and it's all over. Easier done than said. Truly.



And the day ends watching TV: Survivor on CBS followed by The Office on AbC, accompanied with Gnarly Head old vine zinfandel wine. That is how my day went. That leaves me with two questions: Who could possibly ask for more?, and, How can one ever be bored in this life? I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts