About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day Sixtyone: Roasting Pepper

Sixty degrees at 7:00AM in Chaumont, NY. Sunshine, though the weatherman calls for rain later in the day. We shall see.
So this morning I started a small charcoal fire to roast a poblano pepper for a Mexican recipe I got from Rick Bayless. I could have done it in the broiler inside, but, I like to be outdoors. Anyhow, the pepper gets put into a food processor along with some cilantro and a Jalapeno. The recipe calls for a serrano pepper, but I didn't have one. The puree get mixed in with ground pork. Later the pork is fried with onions, spinach added with a little beer, then a pile of Jack cheese. There's obviously more to it so here is a link to Rick's recipe: Green Queso Fundido / Queso Fundido Verde I saw Rick prepare it on TV. It looked good, seemed simple, so thought I would try it today.
I am always ready to try a new recipe, any type of new food. Sometimes you get surprised with something great. Sometimes they are a bust. This one sounds good, but you never know until you bite in. I'll finish cooking & eating it later today when my celebrity brother comes over. I'll report the final verdict in the next post. Probably will not be today. One more thing, we'll be washing it down with Red Stripe beer. It's a good life no matter how many curve balls get pitched at you.

(It should go without saying the photos here were taken by yours truly, Gary Walts).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts