About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day Sixtyeight: Flat Tire


Rainy, grey, chilly, windy, 45 degrees in Chaumont NY. Quite a contrast compared to what we have been getting accustomed to since March. The Sun came out briefly a couple of times, once when I photographed the flat tire.


So I go out to my driveway this morning and see I have a flat tire. That's not a real big problem because I have a couple of spare tires that are like new that came off another Dodge Caravan I was driving before this one. Thankfully I didn't need to get anywhere today so I was able to take my time with it. The other photo shows the piece of metal that was stuck in the tire tread, right on the edge of the sidewall. Remember that water valve that goes to my Maytag dishwasher? There's a photo of it in yesterday's post. Well, I went to an appliance repair store near here to see if they had one of those valves in stock. I think this piece of metal came from their parking lot.

From Sun Tzu in The Art Of War:

"Just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions."

3 comments:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts