About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day Sixtyfive: Cinqo de Mayo


Today I was on a mission to visit the owner of The Muskie Lounge in Alexandria Bay, NY. I was hoping to set up a guitar playing gig. However, sometimes we start out in one direction and it leads to another. While enroute to the bay I encountered this Amish horse and buggy tied up to a gas pump at a convenience store in Depauville. Well naturally I had to photograph it. Notice the Pegasus logo on the gas pump. When the Amish man came out of the store I snapped a few more shots of him as he drove away. The man had a great white beard, but I didn't want to ruin his day by letting him see me take his photo, so I waited until his back was turned and settled on the view you see here. Now this encounter siphoned away some of time. Not a lot, but enough that it might make a diference. Frome here I stopped to see Greg Lago at Winged Bull studio. Greg knows the owner of the Muskie Lounge and I got the phone number from him. I have to back up. The phone number I had for the Muski was not in service. I also saw somnething on the net about the lounge being closed. Closed for good or for the season? I don't know. But, Greg would probably know and his place is on the way to the bay. So I stop there. No one can chew the fat better than Greg. The conversation flows and leads to coffee at The Lyric Bistro. He gives me a phone number, but now, my time is shot becuase I need to get to my first guitar student by 1:30. I abandonb the plan to catch Bruce at the Muskie and head to the music store. I get there ten minutes late only to find my student stiffed me. A no show. Well, that's how it goes. But remember, had I not gone about my business the way I did I wouldn't have these photos of the horse at the gas pump. How can I complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts