About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Seventynine: Garage Lights

Well, it started out sunny and 50 degrees in Chaumont, NY, this morning. Then it became overcast. A couple of hours on guitar, need to review some music for an event tomorrow evening. I will be playing at the Riveredge Resort in Alexandria Bay, NY. They are hosting a Chamber of Commerce event called Business With A Twist. Five to seven PM. I am hoping to catch the ear of some restaurant owners / managers, maybe make some connections, or land a gig playing dinner music one or two nights a week.

This photo I made while walking the streets in Syracuse, NY. I believe it's the entrance to an underground parking garage. What caught my eye were the lights illuminated in the day time. They are probably on the same circuit as the lights inside the garage so they cannot be turned off independently. This was a photo in which I had to do a tricky crop because I couldn't quite frame it the way I would have liked. Anyhow, I got an interesting feeling about it when I was passing by.



"The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy." Sun Tzu, The Art Of War, around 500BC.
photos and text copyright Gary Walts 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts