About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day Eightyfour: Guitar Gig Tomorrow

I'll be playing guitar at the Jefferson County Historical Society in Watertown NY tomorrow night. The event is a dinner for their members. Should be a good fit for me. (photo at left is a self portrait. The Guitar is a Guild MarkV classical made in 1982)
Last night went to bed at 10:30pm, fell right to sleep. Great. Woke up at 12:30, and my mind began to think. Not good. Thoughts about all manner of things. The many things I need to, or would like, to get accomplished in the next few months. Thoughts about how to get them done, get them paid for. Well, it was hopless getting back to sleep. So, I get up and read some more of Robinson Crusoe. It happens that I was just reaching the point where Crusoe sees a footprint on the beach. It sets him into a fit of worry because he is well aware that it is probably the footprint of a cannibal. Over the course of the next pages Crusoe tells us how this has affected his sleep. His situation happened to be the very same as mine was at the moment. The book was published in 1706. That's a long time ago and what does that tell me? That we humans today, with all of our technology, blessings, opportunities, we still have to deal with basic human emotions. Makes me wonder what keeps Osama Bin Laden awake at night.
Anyhow, I went back to sleep at 3:30 woke again at 6:30, got out of bed at 7:00. I don't like that. For one thing it left me tireder than I like all day. Guitar practice was less than ideal. Updated my Craigslist ads. They seem to generate more spam than anything. The morning mail brought a deposit for a wedding photography job. Then I went off to mow the grass at my apartment house and place a temporary patch on the roof over the back stairway. I met up with a man who paid me for a job I did the other day. I went to the grocery store. By the time all of that was done I was home by 7:30PM. At that point I fired up the grill (charcoal, of course) and made some chicken kabobs. Most excellent. I am too tired to really put much into this blog entry, but I am finishing the day with it. Now I have to ask myself, "You put in a full day, got some things accomplished,got paid for a job from the other day, ate some great food. Life is good. What do you have to worry about?"


“When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have.” Edgar Watson Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts