About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day Eightynine: Nature All Around Us

Six AM it was 68 degrees in Chaumont, NY. Plenty of Sun this morning, low humidity, turning into a beautiful day. Both photos presented here today were taken at my home. There is an abundance of nature and wildlife photos all around us, wherever we are. One need only be armed with a camera 24/7 to be prepared for those unexpected encounters with God's creatures.
Well, yesterday I failed to post anything. I could have, (and was going to) post the photo below of the spider. I came upon the spider yesterday as I was digging up a garden bed in my back yard. But, for a number of reasons, I never got to putting it on this blog. So, I decided to save it for today. So, I am sitting at my computer editing the spider photos when I hear a sharp chirping. I look toward the front door and see the young Robin on the floor of my front porch. I quickly took his picture through the screen of the door. I would prefer to have shot him with the door open. Shooting through the screen has a degrading effect on the overall picture quality. After I took a couple of initial photos, I decided to try and get one of him with the door open. I slowly opened it and, as I thought would happen, he got spooked and flew off into the yard. So, this is what I have.
The spider photo is more of a documentary photo. I took it to show family & friends. I wanted to photograph it more, trying to "work" it into a more graphic, artsier photo. But, the creature ducked away on me and I lost him.
The Robin photo is also a documentary photo for the same reason as the spider, However, you can see that it has a graphic quality coupled with nice light that elevates to higher level than the spider photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts