About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 204: Love Is Magical


Quite a bit of rain here in Chaumont, NY today. Had lunch at Andy's Caribbean Cafe with the artist Tom Bintz. We had curry goat. Quite good, but a tad pricey. The photo here was taken at Wilson's Bay in Cape Vincent, NY. I'm pretty sure these girls were under age drinkers. But that was about five years ago, so by now they should be legal.


So I say, Love is magical. Here's why. For the past two weeks I have played my guitar at one of our local farmers markets. The vendors all gave me a variety of produce as a show of appreciation. So, two weeks in a row I bring home a number of apples. I put them on the counter. Then, after a cuple of days, quite by magic, with no prompting from me, an apple pie appears in place of the apples. Well, my Better Half doesn't really care much for pies or deserts, but just because the apples are there, and she knows I like her apple pie, she takes it upon herself to make one. For me. And that's wonderful. I love it. And if she never made a pie I would love it. That's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts