About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 191: Big Sky Over lake Ontario





Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Who can doubt God when you see the sky painted like this? This photo was made while driving home from a visit to my friend, Tom Bintz, as known as Captain Honk. He's an interesting man, difficult to get to know and understand. Maybe that's the artist in him. He lives in a small waterfront cottage on Pillar Point, Lake Ontario, Jefferson County, NY. There's not much to say about this photo, just that I spotted it and took the time to photograph it. It's more than a snap shot, though. I snapped it with a couple of different lenses, some views showing a wide sky and the earth below it. In this, and really all photo opportunities, one has to figure out what it is that catches one eye and then capture it in the photo. The sky was one thing, and a wide panoramic view would indeed be a photo of the sky. But it wasn't tryuly the sky that I was attracted to it was the clouds in the forfront, tinged with color from the setting Sun. So this is really a photo of clouds in the sky as opposed to a photo of the sky. Do I make any sense? Well, that's what I mean about identifying just what it is you are attracted to and wish to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts