About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 196: A Brick Wall




There's a story behind every photo. Isn't there? I mean, some are better stories than others, but however small, or mundane, there is a reason (& thereby a story)for them all. This photo came about today. I was stopped at a red light, just as it turned green I noticed this scene. There is a car behind me. I grab my camera QUICKLY!! point it out the window and fire off two frames. Now, I really was in no particular hurry, so I could have parked nearby and walked back to the scene and really work it for a few minutes. But I look at what I snapped and figured I could live with it. There is a lot I like about the photo: the texture of the wall and the pole. The shapes, how the frame divided up by the telephone pole, the shadow cast by the vent protruding through the wall. Shapes and textures. That is what this photo is all about. The texture comes from the light, the arrangement of the shapes comes from the photographers composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts