About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 186: Good Days, Not So Good days

Sometimes you just get tired and burned out. That's how I feel at the moment. My life is and has been blessed. Today however, I am not happy with my photo shoots. I had to photograph a football game. It started at 7:00pm. Fine, there should be light for about an hour. However, just before the game started it became heavily overcast. Almost dark. Within no time I was shooting at ISO 1200. I also could have used a longer lens. I was using a 70-210 zoom with a 1.4 extender, making the widest aperture f4. Near the end of the second quarter the lens quit focusing on the Nikon D300 body. But it would focus on the D2H (which isn't a very good camera). So the light sucked, my lens selection was crummy, and overall I just did a poor job. Contrast that with the guitar playing I did yesterday at Teaism. That went real well. I played most satisfactorily in my opinion, and believe me, I am a HARSH critic of my guitar playing. I was happy and upbeat after that. Tonight, as it is 11:00PM and I just finished editing the football photos, I am less than upbeat. I also have another shoot, ( a different subject) that must be edited, but I am out of time. Tomorrow I shoot a wedding at Pratt's Falls in Manlius, NY. Now that job MUST be done well. So you have youir good days, and you have your less than good ones. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts