About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 171: Home Work



Well, not home work in the usual sense, but work around the house. Today I have been tidying up the sidewalk project that leads to my back door. The pictures show it is pretty much finished. Still have to pick up a few scraps of debris. Did it all myself with help from a friend on one ten hour day, and from the Better Half, here and there. This was something I had never done befor. I had to dig out the earth, lay in some sand for a base, level it, lay in the 16" x 16" paver stones (actually some sort of concrete product), suround it with some edging, fill in the cracks with a polymeric sand mixture, and finally fill in the edges with some of the dirt I originally dug out. I worked at it alone on three different days for a solid ten hours each day. Then I had a ten hour day with help from a friend. So, for a 100 square foot area I gues I have invested about 40 hours. Hmmm... I think next time I can do it quicker, and better. Total cost for raw materials works out to $7.86 a square foot.




So today the first thing I did was get a fire going in the Chargriller and put a pork butt and two whole chickens in it for a long slow cook with Hickoty wood. From there I put in two plus hours on the guitar, and then proceeded to take care of a lot of small stuff, most related to the above side walk project. My celebrity brother will be stopping by later with some Dundee India pale Ale beer. Terrific. Hope all is well in your world. What a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts