About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 154: Front Porch View


Well it's a hot one today in northern NY. It was 75dgrees at 6:30am. I don't know what it is now, however, the backyard here has lots of shade and a nice breeze. For those who do not know, Chaumont is a small village on Lake Ontario. Actually, the body of water is Chaumont Bay in Lake Ontario. My house is in the village. Across from it is a cemetary that is on the shore. From my front porch I can see the water on the other side of the cemetary.


Consequently we generally have a nice breeze blowing through our yard. So it's a pleasant place to be.
Now the other day I shot two freelance jobs. I don't think that has ever happened to me befor. I went to Ogdensburg for NYSUT, (the ny teachers union), to photograph a librarian. When I got back to Watertown the NY Post called and wanted me to shoot a job in East Syracuse, right then and there. So I went and did that. It's intersting that happened because a couple of weeks ago I photographed two weddings in one day. I had one scheduled for s few months. It was a small affair held at Thompson Park in Watertown, NY. I would be there for four hours. 10:30 to 2:30. Well, about 1:00 I get a call from a distraught woman wondering If I was available at the last minute to photograph a wedding. She said it was at 3:00pm at THOMPSON PARK!!! Watertown. It was to be a small wedding, I should be done around 7:00pm. Can I do it? It seems their photographer called and backed out on them an hour earlier. So, it was unreal that I was allready there. Yes I will be there. So I went from one wedding to the next. That was an unusual set of circumstances. Now, a couple of weeks later I shoot two jobs in one day. One which was planned, and the second one came in at the last minute.
19 montha ago my job hours at the Post-Standard were cut. But somehow, these freelance jobs have started falling into my lap, saving me from a lot of financial trouble & stress. I can only thank God for taking care of me. Thank you, Lord, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts