About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 163: Off Until Tuesday



Well, I may not be able to post anything for a few days while my laptop has been taken away to be updated. I will not have it back until Tuesday. I have an iMac still using System 9 on a dial up connection. I'm not sure I can succeed with that. However, I will try. As for todays photo, I was trying to capture some motion blur as this kid floated on the pool. I was using flash to freeze the subject and a slow shutter speed to create the blur that would suggest motion. As always I tried various shutter speeds and exposure compensation. Some a little over exposed, some a little under. In the end I wasn't happy with any of the results , until... the one presented here. I was luke warm on this one too, however, just for kicks I rotated it 180 degrees so it was upside down from the way I shot it. That was the trick that made it work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts