About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 162: Guitar and Photo



So today I drove 176 miles round trip from my house to Norwod, NY, to play guitar during dinner at a benefit to raise money for a wounded soldier. It was a freebie. I paid for my gas, bought myself a beer, played for an hour, and it went well. I left the house at 3:30 in the afternoon, got back home at 9:30 in the evening. The above photo was my reward. It's not one of my best photos, but it was nice to get and finish off the day. I was just coming into LaFargeville on the drive home and saw the scene. Nice light, moon, sky. I pulled over and took the photo. I realized later that I was lazy and should have worked the scene more, with a longer lens. But the fact is, I have been real tired lately and was more interested in getting home than working the photo op. But you see, if I had not volunteered to play at the event I would never have been pulling into LaFargeville at the time the moon was in the sky, and would never have otten this photo. So that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts