About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 166: Guitar Playing @ Arts Festival



These are a couple of shots of me playing guitar in the gazebo on
Watertown's Public Square during the arts festival. I got a real good reception from folks that were there, however, I didn't feel it was one of my better performances. The biggest problem I had was playing accurately and cleanly. The heat and/or humidity caused my right hand fingers to swell up some. This has an adverse effect upon my playing. The strings feel like they are sticking to my fingers making it difficult to play. This happens once in a while when playing outdoor in the Summer. Consequently I abandoned some tunes that I would have liked to play. At one point I took a short break and rinsed my hands in the water fountain. That helped for about three numbers, then it was back to the sticky, dull picking. The left hand fingers are also affected cuasing problems with quick chord changes and scale passages. But it's like evrything else, you have good days, you have less than ideal days.
This is an old photo of Watertown's Public Square, looks to be from the 50's or 60's.

You can hear a sample of my guitar playing at my Myspace page www.myspace.com/heavymellowguitar I have to tell you though, the page is less than exciting. I hate myspace. The interface is confusing, managing your calendar and posting upcoming events & shows SUCKS. It is tedious & unfriendly. I want so badly to keep it updated, but everytime I go ther eit turns into a lesson in frustration. For example, you can post a quick event listing rather easily. However, if you edit it, it requires several new fileds to be filled in that general;ly are not relevant and try as I might, I end up with errors, lost info, no posting, or a posting that says the event is private when it is indeed public. It seems to default every event I list as private. I cannot seem to chnage it to public. Also, I play at a small tea garden during lunch time evry wednesday or Thursday through the Summer. It is recurring. Everytime I want to list it I have to start at square one and fill out every field with date, time, location, etc. It is monotonous. I bought a Myspace for Dummies book. Well, that was a piss poor book. I think it was published about an earlier version of Myspace, not the current manifestation of Myspace. But, I do have some music samples there, for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts