About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 170: Birds on Wires

It was a cool, low humidity morning in Chaumont, NY today. The photo presented here was taken yesterday. I love how these black birds gather together in late Summer, flying about in large flocks. I grabbed this photo while enroute to somewhere lese. The birds fly off quickly. Unfortunately I had no time to adjust the camera & shot this with a slow shutter speed which introduced some blur. But that's OK. I still like it.


I put in some good guitar practicee this morning. I have been working to polish up a short etude by Agustin Barrios Mangore. (Most people refer to him as Barrios) It is titled Estudio Inconcluso Not a terribly difficult piece, but a fun one to play. I usually have a number of pieces "in the works" so to say. That is I play through numerous pieces frequently and over time some of them come together. Eventually some come to the surface and get more attention than others, and then I add them to my repertoire. Other pieces I I have a strong desire to learn and play. Those get a lot of attention. One of them I am currently working on is also by Barrios. It is the third section of La Catedral: Allegro solemne .

Allegro Solemne from Barrios La Catedral, performed by Denis Azabagic




I put Denis video of his performance here because I have not yet mastered it to where I am ready to record it. Also, I stumbled on this video quite by accident. It was the first time I had heard the piece. I think Denis does a great job with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts