About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day Fortytwo: Tom Jefferson's Birthday


It was 34 degrees at sunrise in Chaumont, NY this morning. Should shape up to be a lovely day.

Happy Birthday Thomas Jefferson.



In my family we like to celebrate Tom Jefferson's birhday. Today, April 13th, 2010, is his 267th. The cupcakes in photo above were made by my mother. I was visiting her house and she adorned a couple of them with candles and a photo op was born. The Jefferson engraving is courtesy the US mint by way of the $2.00 bill.

Here are some Jefferson quotes:

"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
"Be polite to all, but intimate with few."

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts