About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, April 23, 2010

Day Fiftytwo: Salad Scraps

Forty degrees in Chaumont NY at 6:00AM. Nice & sunny too. The better half and I are driving to Painesville, OH to visit her family. We are just now approaching Brewerton, NY. Still sunny. However, we hear of rain in Ohio. Rats.
So last night my good friend Dave whipped up a tomato cucumber salad. He just zipped right along cleaning, trimming. slicing & dicing the vegatables, tossing the scraps into the sink bowl to feed the garbage disposal. I was taking photos of the finished product, (see the photo below) when my eye caught the scraps in the sink. Bear in mind, he was tossing them into the sink willy nilly, and the photo above is exdactly how they appeared. I didn't adjust or move anything. It was just another spontaneously created still life. Unreal! Thanks for the great feedbag Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts