About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Fiftyone:


40 degrees in Chaumont NY this morning. Some Sun. It appears it will be another fine day for April.
So it's been 51 days since I began this blog. I'm discovering that it takes up more of my time than I thoght it would. Now about the photo from day 50: Clergy For Choice. At least once every year there is a Catholic lead vigil outside of an abortion clinic on James St. in Syracuse, NY. A group walks several blocks anti-abortion signs, hang out in front of the clinic to draw attention to their cause. What really blew my mind, however, was this group of clergy across the street from the Catholics. I have a real tough time coming to terms with this. I cannot fathom why a group of clergy would take a public, pro-abortion stand opposite the Catholic group. Am I all wet? Does this seem strange to anyone else out there? Anyhow, it's one of those things that I would have really kicked myself for if I did not have a camera with me when I encountered this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts