About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Mother In The Hospital




My Mother is 79 years old and quite ill. She was admitted to the hospital a week ago today. She has congestive heart failure. Yesterday she was very chipper, talkative, appeared to be in much better condition than the previous days. However, last night she had more fluid build up in her lungs. Her heart is weak and her heart rate fell off. She was given more oxygen, more drugs, got stabalized and her heart rate was brought back up. I suspect that it's only a matter of time before her heart simply gives out all together. Is it days, weeks or months? I don't know. Three years ago she had a heart valve replacement. At this point, based upon my Google research, I think her only hope would be a heart transplant, and at her age and level of frailty, that simply isn't going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts