About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mom In The Hospital Day 11

\



I awoke to some heavy, wet snow here in Chaumont, NY. The two photos here are views from each of my kitchen windows.



My celebrity brother A & his son & I had a chat with my Mother yesterday afternoon. Based upon talks with her doctors I informed her that there is no recovery from her condition. There is also no knowing how much time she has left. Days, weeks, months? No one can predict. I suspect it a matter of weeks. She has stage four congestive heart failure. Ther is fluid build up in her body. The heart cannot move enough blood through her system. Therefor her organs are not functioning properly. The doctors want to get the excessive fluid out of her lungs & system. Her cardiologist could better detrmine her condition if she can get rid of the fluids. This past Thursday he examined her and said there is just as much fluid build up that day as there was the day she was admitted to the hospital. So a week went by with no improvement. He also said that even if they do get rid of the fluid it may be to no avail. That's because when the fluid is gone it may cause her blood pressure to go too low to properly operate her organs. He said if that's the case then, "We are toast."
I began to weep I explained all of that to her. And then we talked as best we could about her final wishes. She would like to be cremated and her remains buried between her mother and father at St. Mary's Cemetary in Evans Mills, N.Y. "I think there's room enough for me there," she said. It was a sad but worthwhile chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts