About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, March 15, 2012

Home From The Hospital


There was a hail storm accompanied with tremendous thunder & lightning last night in Chaumont, NY. Everything was soaking wet this morning. But by mid morning the Sun came out and the rest of the day was beautiful.



My mother came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Hospice arrived earlier in the day with a bed, oxygen equipment and some other odd & ends. We quickly discovered that we needed to add an electrical outlet in the living room to accomodate it all. So brother Ron set about installing that. My celebrity brother went to the hospital to oversee Mom's discharge and transport home. She was transferred by ambulance as the accompanying photo shows. Meanwhile I went shopping for linen for the hospital bed. Not knowing what to expect I bought numerous flat sheets & fitted sheets as well as a mattress cover. When that mission was completed I set about making the bed. So, the three of us were busy prepping for her arrival and brother T was missing in action. (But he has his own things happening with a son that needs heart surgery). She arrived just as I completed the bed. Fifteen minutes later I had to head to Syracuse area to photograph a job for the Post-Standard. The following photo came from that shoot. It was taken at the Fayetteville-Manlius High School Observatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts