About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mom: Day 15 In The Hospital


It is a gray and windy day here in Chaumont, New York. The temperature is 55 degrees.

It was two weeks ago today that Mom was admitted to the hospital. Yesterday and the day before she seemed very talkative and peaceful. She doesn't appear to have any significant pain, just some general discomfort. She seem to have accepted her fate. She is anxious to get home. My sister C arrived yesterday from Arizona. Sister S will be here tomorrow.

Yesterday the water pump on my 2002 Dodge Caravan went bad. The serpentine belt came off as a result while I was driving down the road about five miles from my house. I managed to drive it another 5 miles to a garage in Brownville, All Good Auto, where I have had good luck with car repairs. I often do my own, and am confident I could repair this one, but I don't want to. It would eat up too much time. They will probably have the job done sometime tomorrow. The price is $325.00 What can I do? I have to pay the man. That same damn van cost me $2,000.00 about 3 months ago for a new transmission. I hate it.



I snapped the above photo yesterday afternoon. It was Mom's 14th day in the hospital. This is not a flattering picture of her, but she was very talkative, very much at peace with her situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts