About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Observations, Thoughts, Question Marks

It got cold here in Chaumont, NY last night. 14 degrees F.
Thursday evening my mother went to the hospital. Fluid build up in her lungs. Spitting up blood. IT's congestive heart failure. She has no pain, just concern. The Doctors want to drain fluid out of her body. She's admitted to intensive care.

I gave up all alcohol for lent. Today is Sunday. My Mother is still in the hospital. I play a 3 hour guitar gig at Carl's Furniture in Watertown. Paid a hundred bucks. At 3:00 I visit my Mother. I am told she has pneumonia. I don't like the sound of that. She seems weaker and frail. It is the first Sunday in Lent and I have given up all alcohol for lent. But, it is SUNDAY. So I stop at Gold Star Liquors and buy a bottle of Merlot. It is Rex-Goliath to be exact. A reasonabubbley priced and flavored California wine.

It is the first Sunday of Lent and I am at Carl's Furniture playing guitar. Paul Ferguson comes in and sets up 3 video cameras to tape an hour or so of my playing. I mention to him that my mother is having some issues and is in the Hospital. He tells me that his mother passed away a year ago this last September. She had a stroke. But the stroke did not kill her. She was recovering just fine when, still in hospital, she got pneumonia. That was the beginning of the end of her. So I finish up my gig at the furniture store, collect my pay and go to the Hospital to visit me Madre. She looks weaker than the day before. She is breathing harder. My Celebrity Brother is there. The doctors had earlier informed him that she has developed pneumonia. Today I took no photos of her.

I am drinking the Merlot, hic-cupping in between sips as I write this. The Academy Awards are on TV in the background. Who cares? Not me. I could give a shit. Pardon the vulgarity. Hic-up.

I need to get out and play Thousand Dollar Gigs. ten or twenty of those a year would be a help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts