About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, February 18, 2012

Variations On A Theme: Case Road Winter Scene

Two or three weeks ago we had one of the very few snow falls of the Winter. I like how the snow packed against objects on the side exposed to the prevailing wind. So I kept my eye out for something to show this bit of Mother Nature's artistry. Thus it was I stopped my 2002 Dodge Caravan and snapped the following pictures.








As with all things that catch my eye I set about photographing them and "working" the subject. Varying the focal length of the lens, camera angle, depth of field and the like. Later during the edit process it can be difficult to settle on a favorite image from the whole take. This evening I am leaning toward the upper most photo as my favorite composition.

The scene is on Case Road in the Town of Lyme, N.Y., about 3 miles from my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts