About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Saint Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day.

I took this photo in Syracuse N.Y. It says "Love Me." How appropriate. Saint Valentine's Day is evidently named for at least three different Saints with that name. I personally think that it has morphed into a goofy tradition of exchanging cards, gifts and flowers. God forbid if a man should overlook it and not do something of the like for his Sweet Heart. So last night I went out and bought flowers, card and candy which will be awaiting the Better Half when she rises and shines this morning. She will appreciate the gesture, but she will not touch the candy. She doesn't like it. Doesn't eat it. So, that leaves me to consume it all. Hey, I need to get something out of it too. If I didn't get her candy for me to eat I would get nothing at all because, my Better Half never gets me anything on Saint Valentines Day. No card. Nothing. But you know what? That's OK with me. I still think it's silly and I see no reason for her to go out and make a fool of herself like I do.
A Google search just informed me that we will spend $414.7 billion dollars on Valentines Day stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts