About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, February 20, 2012

Gary Walts Plays Vincent (Starry Starry Night)

This is me playing Don McLean's Vincent (Starry,Starry Night). I was playing at Carl's Furniture in Watertown, NY. this past February 12th.


This classical guitar version as arranged by John Knowles, Nashville, TN.

The video was made by Paul Ferguson, Watertown, NY.

Paul is an excellent and widely known entertainer. He is also a videographer. He was using me as subject matter to experiment with some new video editing software and multiple cameras. I think he did a great job. The audio is less than ideal, but that's not what he was as concerned about. He was experimenting using multiple camera's & angles. So the audio has some ambient background noise. The microphone was a the built in one on one of the cameras. An external shotgun mic would have greatly improved upon it.

For the past month Carl's Furniture has been hosting a Sunday brunch in their store with live entertainment from 11:00-1:00. Paul had no idea who he was going to find playing there. It just happened to be me. He asked if he could use me as a subject & I said "Go for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts