About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

USA Today Civil War Special

Cold and rainy for most of the day here in Northern NY. I'm still trying to get the aprtment ready for renting.

The photo above is the cover of the USA Today Civil War special that is on sale through May 16. I was lucky to have one of my photos on the cover. The photo at right is a close up of that, ( adetail from the cover) which shows my credit line. The woman is 83 year old Pauline Johnson of Auburn. Harriet Tubman was her great, great Aunt.

The photo at right shows Pauline Johnson in the Harriet Tubman home in Auburn. This photo was used on page 3 of th eUSA Today special edition.

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday. Easter is only another week away. It may sound childish, but I cannot wait for Easter so I can be done with lent. I gave up wine & beer and it's been tough. Mostly because I have so much going on, some things that seem like they will never end, more day to day stress than usual, there have been many days I would just like to have a beer, or relax with some nice Merlot. I almost caved today. But, I had tea instead. But what I go through is really nothing when compared to what Jesus suffered. That's the whole point of it.

A quote for today: “If you want to make beautiful music, you must play the black and the white notes together.” – Richard Milhouse Nixon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts