About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, April 25, 2011

Apartment Is Ready To Rent

Yesterday was a fun and pleasant day. I put in a long day today for the Post-Standard. Left at 8:00 this morning, got home at 7:00PM. Along the way I stopped at 2 grocery stores.


This is what the bathroom looks like now. I kept the old cast iron tub (it also has a shower), installed a new sink, floor & toilet.

 I get home and split up some kindling wood, get a fire going in the wood stove and then place an ad on Craigs List for the aprtment that I have been getting ready to rent for the past 3 months. I have rented this apartment several times and I always place it on CraigsList. I always post 4 photos with the ad. They are digital photos. I have them stored on a disc or in my computer somewhere. I know I do! But, I cannot find them. I also know darn well I've photographed that apartment almost every time I rent it. So this time I was sure I could just re-use those photos. But where are they!?! Tomorrow I'll go make some new pix and add them to the ad. For now, I did have this one photo I took yesterday of the new sink. So I posted it with the ad, and here.
Now I am finishing the day with a Caged Alpha Monkey India Pale Ale beer from Honeoye Falls, NY.  It's bitter and tasty. I nice reward at the days end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts