About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mulch Pix

Mulch Maker, Mulch Maker, make me some mulch...

It remains stubbornly chilly here in Chaumont, NY. 35 degrees this morning. The past couple of days have been grey and rainy. You know what they say: April showers bring May flowers. Well, what do May flowers bring?

Mayflowers bring pilgrims. I know, it's an old joke.

These piles of mulch were spotted near my mother's home between Watertown & Calcium. The light, the colors, the shapes caught my eye and were worth snapping. I didn't really work the subject because as often is the case, I was pressed for time. The apartment I have been cleaning up and inproving with a new bathroom floor, commode, & sink is near done. My mother's health has greatly improved. However, she has great dificulty getting in & out of cars, and getting in & out of cahirs, bed etc. But once she is up she gets around quite handily. A month or so ago we all thought a nursing home was in her near future. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the tax man to get my income taxes filed. Hope all is well with you and your world. Now I'm off to Clay St to finish up the plumbing and painting. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts