About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday morning. It was minus 2 degrees here in Chaumont, NY. The Sun is shining which is always a plus at this time of year. I am photographing high school basketball this evening for thye Post-Standard newspaper.
I was most distressed to learn that pirates off the cost of Somalia killed four Americans after hi-jacking their yacht. This is a breaking story. Evidently US forces stormed the yacht after they heard gunshots as the pirates were killing their victims. At least two pirates are dead and and a dozen taken captive.

A short while back there were two American teens killed in Mexico. Then a week or so ago US agents were gunned down in Mexico, one was killed, the other wounded. This country should retailiate against the Mexican drug lords and the Somalia pirates without mercy, and without regard to the mexican government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts