About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 336: Ground Hog Day

Ice cicles hang from my garage in Chaumont, NY.                                                         photo by Gary Walts
The ice cicle photo was taken two days ago. The photo below was taken of my back yard about half an hour ago.

Today is Groundhog Day. This is the day when the groundhog crawls out of his hole and takes a look around to see his shadow. According to tradition: If he sees it, he regards it as an omen of six more weeks of bad weather and returns to his hole. If the day is cloudy and, hence, shadowless, he takes it as a sign of spring and stays above ground.


So most of the country has been hit with a snow storm. Some places with sleet and ice in the mix. Well, herre in Chaumont, NY it is more or less business as usual. I have been out in conditions far worse than this. The snow is on and off. What aggravates the situation is the wind. It is quite strong so it creates snow drifts. The wind can make driving difficult because it blows the snow across thye roads creating moments of  limited or no visibilty. But in between gusts, it's fine. One must exercise cautioon in these conditions.

View of my garage & snow drifs this morning. 



I'll be going outside after this to shovel the snow from the driveway. I will be comfortable because I will dress in two to four layers of clothing. The worst part will be the wind. So one of my layers will be regular Winter jacket that breaks the wind. Usually I wear sweaters and / or sweat shirts over a couple of shirts. Always I wear a knit hat.


To Love,
To Read,
To look skyward,
To believe,

To gaze at you,
To be bold,
To be true,
To be honest,

It's me,
In love with you.

copyright Gary Walts 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts